Mr. Wangs Chinese Buffet
Mr. Wang's Crab
1 pound cream cheese
One-fifth pound imitation crabmeat
10 teaspoons sugar
3 teaspoons garlic powder
3 teaspoons onion powder
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons cooking wine
1 cup egg, beaten
8 cups oil, for cooking
1. Chop imitation crabmeat.
2. Thoroughly mix cream cheese, crabmeat, sugar, garlic
powder, onion powder, salt and cooking wine.
3. Cut eggroll skin to 1/4 size. (About 3 and 1/2
inches-by- 3 and 1/2 inches.)
4. Put cream cheese mixture in center of eggroll skin.
5. Spread beaten egg around outer edges of eggroll skin.
6. Fold over eggroll skin to form a triangular shape. Pinch
7. To cook, heat 8 cups of oil to 360 degrees.
8. Deep fry crab angles for 4 to 6 minutes or until golden
brown. Remove. Drain remaining oil.
(Note: We cook our crab angles about 3 minutes. Cook them
until golden brown, being aware that cooking time vary. Also, any leftover
mixture should last about a week when refrigerated.)